Individual Class Reunions for 2013
If you are a member of one of the following classes and are interested in being your classes' reunion chair or being a member of the reunion planning committee, please contact Veronica Seaman, Director of Advancement and Alumni Affairs, at (423)624-4618 ext. 1020 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following classes will be having Reunions during Alumni Weekend 2013!
Class of 1958
Class of 1963
Class of 1968
Class of 1973
Class of 1978
Class of 1983
Class of 1988
Class of 1993
Class of 1998
Class of 2003
Class of 2008
Planning your Reunion Step-by-Step Help and Tips
January Form committee; choose committee chair
January – February Update class mailing list
March Reserve venue; return updated list to the Alumni Office
April First informational mailing to classmates
May Plan events; set-up class account
June Second mailing to classmates for reservations
July Plan awards, special programs, and any handout pieces
End of July Alumni Weekend and Reunion
- The first informational mailing should provide the main details for the class reunion and include a biographical survey to help plan additional activities based on family status, interests, etc.
- The second mailing is to take reservations and payment. Including a pre-addressed envelope to help expedite responses if desired.
Updating the Class List
- Calling and/or e-mailing classmates to verify addresses.
- Using directories, Internet searches, classmates, and Alumni website to find missing addresses of classmates.
- Report all changes back to the Alumni Office
Handling Class Funds
** All classes can request to have an account opened at Notre Dame High School. Checks are depostited into a designated account, and the business manager pays vendors directly. Purchase orders with the vendor's name and payment amount must be faxed or mailed to the business office. Excess funds can be held for future reunions. Classes can receive tax exemption.
Handling Event Details
- Reserving the facility, caterer, photographer band, or DJ
- Choosing decorations, arranging deliveries, and forming a setup committee
- Finding volunteers to serve as greeters, photographers, etc.
Communicating with Classmates
- Creating a class email list for regular updates.
- Using message center on the Alumni Website to send out information.
- Update your class page on the Alumni Website with all of the reunion details.
- Setup an online event RSVP with the Alumni Office. (New!! - Now Alumni can pay reunion event costs online. Contact the Alumni Office for more information).
- Organize a phone effort to encourage attendance and update addresses.
Semi-Formal to Formal Phone # Website
Inexpensive or Cost Free
- Notre Dame High School 423-624-4618 ext. 1020
- All Saints (The Old NDHS)
- Classmate’s Home
- Apartment Clubhouse
- Church Social Hall
- Party Room at Restaurant
Owner – Alum Karen Loveless
Bones BBQ 423-894-2663
Owner – Alum – Johnny Hennen
Owner – Alum Scott Courter
2 Squares a Day 423-697-7595
Owners – Alums Neil Stites and Jim Garth
Owner - Alum Michelle Huffman Wells
- Try to use an alumni for catering or other services.
- Have a family event on Saturday.
- Bind a biographical survey into a booklet and give out at the reunion.
- Copy senior write-ups, class prophecies, and class wills to display or hand out.
- Create a class directory.
- Display class photos, memorabilia, or old uniforms.
- Vote on "most changed,” "greatest distance traveled,” "most number of kids,” etc.
- Create nametags with class photo and have spouse wear the photo as well.
- Contact local newspapers and radio stations and have them announce the reunion.
- Invite former teachers, coaches, event non-graduates who were in your class.
- Video activities to watch at a later reunion or send to those who cannot attend.
- Hire a professional photographer to take a class picture.
- Make a class contribution to Notre Dame High School.
- Utlize the Alumni Website to get information out about reunions and post pictures from the reunion. Encourage your classmates to register on the website, so you can stay in touch even after the reunion is over.
Alumni Office Services
- Two mailings (this includes: supplies, preparation, and postage).
- Long Distance phone calls (committees can schedule calling sessions).
- Publicity and contact information in the Blarney Stone and Alumni Weekend brochure and on the Alumni Website (http://alumni.myndhs.com).
- Committee meetings can be held at Notre Dame High School with the assistance of the Alumni Coordinator.
- Photos from archives, annuals, and clippings from class files can be borrowed to make nametags, pamphlets, or a class collage.
- Class accounts can be set up in the business office at Notre Dame High School.
(423)624-4618 ext. 1020
Emails: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Business
(423)624-4618 ext. 1010
To download this information in Word Document format. Click the following link. Happy Planning!